Market Guidelines and Rules of Operation
Vendor fees are as listed below:
- 1 10x10 Space: $15 per week
- 2 10x10 Spaces: $25 per week
- Food Truck: $10 per week
Pre-payment Discount: Vendors have the option to pay full seasons’ fees by May 31st, 2018 and receive a 10% discount on the total fee. For example, there are 18 regularly scheduled weeks of operation (June 20th - October 10th), therefore a 2 space vendor’s full fees would be $450, but if paid by May 31st, the total would be $405.
- 1 10x10 Space: $243 by May 31st
- 2 10x10 Space: $405 by May 31st
- Food Truck: $162 by May 31st
Vendors shall present a certificate of insurance (minimum $1,000,000 policy) indemnifying the Miamisburg Christian Church against claims of liability and naming the Miamisburg Christian Church as an “additional insured.” The Vendor is required to carry their own products liability insurance, if required. Vendor shall provide proof of insurance prior to setting up a booth at the Farmer’s Market.
Vendors must advise the Market Manager in advance of any inability to attend a Market day.
Vendors shall demonstrate respect for all market members (Vendors, Market attendees, and property owners) by engaging in open and truthful communications of all matters to all appropriate members.
Goods and Pricing:
- Vendor agrees to grow or produce at least 75% of all items he/she sells at each market. Non-compliance with this agreement will result in termination of the vendor’s privilege of participation in the market and their deposit will be forfeited. All vendors shall maintain a list of all products they buy to sell at the market, and will produce that list upon request. Any product purchased to sell at the market shall not be represented to the public as having been grown or produced by the vendor.
- No produce shall be represented as “organic” unless it is grown and/or produced by a NOFA certified vendor.
- Vendor understands that produce containing mayonnaise must have proper license. Meat must be frozen and eggs must be kept in coolers.
- Each Vendor is required to have proper licensing and permits appropriate to the products being sold. Contact Public Health Dayton & Montgomery County at 937-225-4460 for proper licensing. Scales must be certified by Montgomery County Auditor (937-225-6309). Copies of licenses and permits must be submitted with this agreement.
- Market Manager will inform Vendors when Women Infant and Children (WIC) will be present at market. Please contact Pam with WIC at 937-225-5813 if interested in participating.
Schedule and Display Requirements:
- The 2018 Farmer’s Market hours shall be from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm. on Wednesdays beginning on June 20th, 2017 and ending on October 10th, 2018. The location shall be in the parking lot of Miamisburg Christian Church, 1146 East Central Avenue, Miamisburg.
- Vendors participating in the MCC Farmer’s Market agree not to set up earlier than 1:30 pm or begin selling before 3:00 pm. Closing for the market is at 7:00 pm.
- Vendor understands that they are responsible for providing, securing, and installing tables, tents, etc. at the market.
- Vendor space is limited. The MCC Farmer’s Market reserves the right to approve/disapprove and/or dismiss vendors upon time of application or at any time during the Farmer’s Market season when its sole judgment is that the vendor no longer meets the needs of the market. Decisions will be based on diversity of products and factors relating to overall market success.
- The MCC Farmer’s Market excludes the sale of used, antique, purchased-for-resale, or flea-market type items.
- The Market shall exclude products determined to be of low quality by the Market Manager.
- In the case of baked goods, vendors are not required to use only locally grown ingredients; however, such vendors shall be required to comply with all Federal, State, and Local requirements concerning the labeling and packaging of such products.
- The MCC Farmer’s Market reserves the right to approve and/or reject vendor applications. Vendor applications will be accepted on a case-by-case basis and approvals given in an effort to maintain the highest quality and variety of products. Preference will be given to previous vendors. The MCC Farmer’s Market reserves the right to visit the growing/producing sites of potential/existing vendors at any time.
“Market Manager” is understood to mean the person designated by the MCC Farmer’s Market to supervise operations of the MCC Farmer’s Market. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Record attendance
- Ensure products for sale comply with stated requirements
- Serve as liaison for Vendors to MCC. Exercise the authority to deny any Vendor the privilege to sell at the market site should Vendor break Market rules or regulations.
- Enforce Market hours and direct vendor setup. Ensure cleanup and sanitation of site.
The Vendor agrees, as a participant in the MCC Farmer’s Market, that he/she will indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Miamisburg Christian Church, its agents, officers, officials, employees and volunteers against any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, expenses, fees, fines, penalties, suits, proceedings, actions and causes of action, including attorney fees, of any and every kind and nature which the Miamisburg Christian Church, its officers, employees, agents and volunteers may hereafter sustain, incur or be required to pay, arising out of or in connection with any act or omission of the Vendor in the execution, performance or failure to adequately perform the Vendor’s obligation pursuant to this agreement.
Email completed forms to email@example.com or drop them off at 1146 E. Central Ave., Miamisburg, Oh. 45342